Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's day to you.

14th innit? You're all fighting your way free from roses and chocolates and cards and teddy bears clutching sateen hearts. I know, I know, of course you are.
And how am I going to romantify my Satdee? Why I'm going into town with the paramour to buy football boots. Ah yes, nothing signifies deep and abiding love more than shopping for football boots, why it's enough make a gal weak at the knees.
I've been dithering about this year on what challenge to set myself. I know I can run a marathon, I'm in the process of learning another lanuage. Oui, une autre langue, la langue de l'amour. My accent is pure Pepe le Pew, my hands do most of the talking for me. Bon, it is how it should be, just like my street Spanish-everything in the present tense, much snorting and looking offended. (The Catalans treat me as one of their own such is my gruff haughty delivery in Spanish, yes they hates it and love to hear it mangled. Bon dia!)
But in terms of goals, well I needz them. I am too old and too lazy not to need competition. Fortunately I am quite happy to compete against myself in my own head. Ah yes, a gift no doubt inherited from The Lilac One. Once we decide something, it is so. It's like clapping our hand and wriggling our noses at it.
So this year I have decided to devote myself- as I said to Finn- to the art of getting really bloody strong, and running slightly faster, possibly by cursing in French too.
To wit.

I FatMammyCat, gym goer and high heel wearer, do somewhat solemnly swear to attempt to master the following over the course of this year. 2009.

A dead lift at 100k ( that's kilos none of your sissy pounds malarky)
A bench press at 50 k
To squat 70k
To Push Press 40k
To Military press 30k
to perform one set of over head squats carrying 30k with falling over backward or forward.
To perform 10 ( count 'em) Dead hang pull ups, no kipping, no swinging of any sort.
To row 5k in 20 mins.
To run 10k in 50 minutes.


And that is this year's goal. Probably does not look like much, but it is plenty for me to be getting on with. For example, I currently cannot do ONE dead hang pull up. Not even one. Neither can I run 5k in under 25 minutes, let alone 10 in 50. I came in at 27:20 the other day and thought I was going to vomit getting off the blasted treadmill. No really. But I'll give it a bash. I can row 1k in 4:20, so that needs ample work too. The rest is pure graft and good form. I have good form-I am loath to get any kind of injury and you can minimise that by getting form right. The only one I'm really looking forward to is hitting the 100k on the deadlift. I can already lift 82.5k see, so 100k doesn't really REALLY seem that daunting.I don't need these hands, right?
Hurrah for challenges! It makes getting dressed and leaving your desk more entertaining.
Bring on the DOMS!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Megan McGurk said...

You've got it handily in the bag, FMC.
Huzzah for challenges.
Language learning works wonders on the memory to keep your brain sharp, btw.

5:14 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well well, thats some workload FMC.
I can only relate to the running and the rowing.
I've done 3:59 for the 1k row, I would say its almost impossible for me to do 20 min for 5k.
Best of luck on your venture.
Oh, and Happy Valentines

5:32 p.m.  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

If you can do all that in your high heels I will be impressed beyond belief

6:04 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Heh, if I can do it and not fall down I'll take it.
Medbh, it's fun but I keep getting Spanish and French mixed up at the moment. Hence the hand waving.

Stipes, that's pretty bloody fast. If I could get under the 4 minute mark I'd be pretty chuffed. Like you say it's keeping the speed up that knocks the stuffing out of you.
But goals are good, without them I'd get lazy and directionless.

6:32 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Bench pressing is my weakest, and obviously the blasted dead hangs.

6:53 p.m.  
Blogger daisy mae said...

good for you and your goals!

i am in complete admiration of your ability to compete "with" yourself in your head - i've tried, and tried, and tried. my insurance, while covering very little, DOES cover a nutritionist - finally, someone to keep me accountable!

looking forward to hearing about your progress!

8:59 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More of a walker than a sprinter me. I get a goal and I meander. I get there in the end but only the hard way, which, for me is paradoxically the easy way. If I can plot my own path to it with all my own fabulous pitfalls, facing down the scary ram who's eying my sandwiches high up on the trail, and ignoring the inviting public house near the finishing line, then I'm happy. I'm about 3 years older than if I'd done it the proper way. But I'm happy.

10:24 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

It will be more than a surprise to me DM if I can nail some of the wish list, but that's half the fun.
Sam, which ever way wins.

10:40 a.m.  
Blogger oakleyses said...

mulberry uk, nike tn, abercrombie and fitch uk, nike air max, nike free run, lululemon canada, true religion outlet, oakley pas cher, longchamp pas cher, nike free uk, sac hermes, nike blazer pas cher, hollister uk, true religion jeans, new balance, air max, coach outlet store online, north face uk, coach outlet, north face, michael kors pas cher, true religion outlet, nike roshe run uk, nike air max uk, polo lacoste, michael kors, hollister pas cher, vans pas cher, nike air max uk, polo ralph lauren, jordan pas cher, timberland pas cher, nike air force, nike roshe, burberry pas cher, converse pas cher, michael kors outlet, sac vanessa bruno, ray ban pas cher, ralph lauren uk, kate spade, replica handbags, ray ban uk, michael kors, louboutin pas cher, true religion outlet, coach purses, guess pas cher, hogan outlet, sac longchamp pas cher

4:45 a.m.  
Blogger oakleyses said...

hollister, coach outlet, barbour, canada goose outlet, ugg uk, wedding dresses, canada goose outlet, canada goose uk, toms shoes, doudoune moncler, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, moncler outlet, links of london, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, montre pas cher, louis vuitton, nike air max, lancel, converse, swarovski crystal, moncler, juicy couture outlet, juicy couture outlet, moncler uk, canada goose jackets, ugg pas cher, moncler, pandora jewelry, swarovski, gucci, ugg, vans, hollister, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, karen millen uk, canada goose outlet, marc jacobs, canada goose, supra shoes, louis vuitton, thomas sabo, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora uk, barbour uk, pandora jewelry, moncler, converse outlet, ray ban, moncler, canada goose

4:56 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tiffany online
michael kors uk
fitflops outlet
cheap authentic jordans
kobe basketball shoes
michael kors outlet online
adidas nmd runner
chrome hearts online store
cheap air jordans
ray ban sunglasses
cheap oakley sunglasses
nfl jerseys
coach outlet online
oakley sunglasses wholesale
fitflops sale clearance
michael kors outlet
true religion jeans

6:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home