Saturday, November 22, 2008

Saturday again, where does the time go?

Morning. It's a cloudy mild day here in good old Ireland and I've got extremely curly hair because I fell asleep with a damp top knot in it. It looks like a distressed poodle camped out on on my head.
A middling week with regards to exercise. I am concentrating on weights and anything that might improve my kickboxing, but all is not going my way and that annoys me.
So.


Tuesday.
Gym
I went at it hard, push press at 30k, eight reps twice. I was doing dandy right up until I tried to push press at 32.5 kilos. Bah. I managed two reps unassisted then three with some help and one more without. The last one I attempted my arms failed entirely. Let that be a lesson to me. Damn it.
Everything else was alright, 15k rows x10 x3,
22k barbell curls 10 x 3
A very nifty 52.5 K dead lift x6 x3 and some air squats thrown in for good measure to strengthen my legs. 30 in total
Finished off with a 5 k run and a decent enough stretching session. Bummed about the push press but I'll nail it next time. If I need to spend another two weeks jammin up the 30k so be it.
(fingers crossed)

Wednesday- running, evening 10k.
Thursday, nada.

Friday. I walked to the gym, I ran 5k before kickboxing as a warm up. I had one hour of kickboxing SOLO as I was the only one there. And then Non Memnoch and I worked on clean and jerks.
It's a peculiar thing. I am not a competitive woman. Put me in a race with 10,000 people and I don't really give a rat's ass who passes me by. Tell me someone from my field of work is doing better than me and I'm delighted for them.
But put me in a weights room and I'm a bloody blithering idiot.
I could not for the life of me get the clean and jerk right last night. It just wasn't happening, if I got the swing correct I wasn't dropping into a fucking squat. It was INFURIATING!! Each time I brought the bloody 14 kilo bar ( I mean for gawd's sake) up in a swing my elbows came in and the last one third was a push and not part of the swing. I could have cried.
After attempting it countless times Not-Memnoch said 'I think your muscles are tired.'
'They're fine' I whined. 'Lemmie try again.'
So I did, I tried and I tried and I still didn't get it right.
But of course my muscles were tired. I had DOMS from the heavy session until Wednesday and I had just spent almost two hours knocking the shit out of my body, Of COURSE I was tired. Tired and stubborn.
'Lemmie just have ONE more shot at it.
So I did and this time my arms just failed me.
FUCK. I walked home seething.
I can't cope with my body not doing what I demand of it., I just can't I want everything to work immediately and at once and right away. I want my form to be perfect and my weights to be hard but manageable and I want it RIGHT NOW.
BAH.
Anyway, the paramour is making bacon and eggs, so at least today is getting better, and when I wash the poodle down the drain nearly all will be right with the world again.
Dietary observation, weight remains the same, despite my assault on Ben and Jerry's icecream and some wine imbibing. No wheat. Getting easier.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOUR muscles were tired ?, mine are exhausted just reading about your week's training. Have a good one.

11:33 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Cheers Ducks, I'll do my level best.

12:22 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My stomach muscles FEEL like I did 100 crunches. But all I did was get pregnant and ride on two buses for an hour, then ride in a plane for 7 1/2 hours, then ride in a car for 3 1/2 hours.
Hoping to do some yoga today and maybe take a ridiculously cold and icy walk with Spouse. I still haven't acclimated to the sight of snow. Usually I get to see it coming on over several hours, but I just got dropped into the middle of a fucking Christmas card overnight.

1:35 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I'm telling you, I'm GREEN with envy. (not about the uncomfortable travel, the snow)

2:07 p.m.  
Blogger Andraste said...

I'm giving up wheat...right after Thanksgiving, I swear it!

In the meantime - boring old week. Nowt but my walks from the truck to work and back - it totals 1.5 miles, with a hill, so I guess that's more than some lazy bastard do. But it's not very satisfying.

Anyway, the weekend is here, so there'll be at least 2 good sweats on the elliptical and some weights and lunges and stuff. Soon as that quiche comes out of the oven, that is. And maybe after I've had a slice.

Hey, you can't do cardio on an empty stomach!

3:19 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

I am a lump.
Other than walk the dogs and once in fancy boots that are not made for the ice and snow, I've done nothing.

Why the wheat aversion, FMC?
I think you mentioned a possible allergic reaction, is that it?

4:31 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do not envy the snow. It's accompanied by below-zero temperatures, and has ice underneath. Maybe later we'll get a nice fluffy snow, but this one was all crunchy and crusty.

4:42 p.m.  
Blogger daisy mae said...

oh grims, i'm with you on the snow! we just got dumped on and the entire town is a skating rink.

last week i *finally* made it to the 3 mile running mark! i've run once this week, as well as lifted once, and am going out again today for another 3 miles. the 5K is this thursday - so i don't want to spend the days leading up to it with some serious yoga or lifting or running.... it's not that i plan on being competitive so much as i would like to enjoy the run! my goal is simply to run the entire thing - start to finish.

i'm also finding that running first thing in the morning will no longer work (too cold, too icy) and so am trying to adapt to afternoon runs - more difficult than i thought!

perhaps after thanksgiving i'll give up wheat as well... for a stint. at least the white starchy stuff! i gave up the whole dairy products (lactose intolerant) and it's done wonders.

6:04 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Bah! Does EVERYONE have snow?? I'm super mega hella jealous.I would trade my ginormous hangover for some snow right about now.
Well done DM, you're going to rock that race.
Medbh, no allergies, but I did read an article that made me go 'hmmm'. So I'm off it for a month in a little experiment.

Andraste, try it for a few weeks and let me know how you got on. It's a strange one, the first week is minging, but then it gets much better and hopefully you'll notice a difference with regard to energy levels and bloating and what not.
Did I mention I was hungover. oh yes. I'll hitch my ride to the wagon on Monday again for another two weeks, but today I am suffering. It was worth it though. A most entertaining night. I don't have the faintest clue what time I got in at.

10:26 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home