Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Dog Fight


( Trouble? Moi? Mais non! I am 'ow you say outrage-ed at the suggestion)---->



"A MAN has been accused of punching his next-door neighbour and giving him a black eye after a row erupted over the neighbour's dog."

Nothing, and I mean nothing, is more annoying than a loud or high pitched repetitive sound. And I can absolutely and completely understand how a person might be driven totally demented by a dog barking all day long.
But surely there are better ways to solve a dispute than brawling like a pair of eegits.
I know I've said this before, but people don't always think about what getting a dog means. Dogs are social animals, happiest when they are with the family. If you get a dog then you've got to understand his or her needs, and a bored dog is a destructive and frequently loud dog. And with so many homes these day practically built on top of each other this can and does lead to extreme confrontations between neighbours.
Certainly there are measures a dog owner can take, one of the biggest is company for the dog, perhaps another dog. Of course there's not guarantee both dogs won't bark, but they might entertain each other. Exercise helps tremendously, a tired dog is usually a well behaved dog.
Irish pounds are FILLED to capacity with beautiful dogs who through no fault of their own are abandoned by their owners and one of the major reasons are because the dog is deemed'unmanageable'. This catch-all bollocks is usually used to describe an energetic dog who like to run/dig/bark/tear washing off the line/knock people over coming into the home. In other words for acting like a dog.
If you take an animal and don't train him, you have an untrained animal, pretty obvious right? If you have a young energetic dog and you're not prepared to walk him daily to burn off that energy, you're going to be faced with an animal with no other recourse but to find his own way to entertain himself ( usually destructive)
Christmas is coming and it is really fucking sad to see some websites have adverts up calling on potential owners to 'order their Christmas puppies early'. Talk about folly at its best. Get a pup, right in the middle of the busiest time of the year, when people are coming and going and nobody has the time to begin calmly house training and introducing a young pup to a new home.
It's a sad fact of life that come the end of January/start of February, plenty of 'Christmas pups' are going to end up being handed over to Ashtown pound and Rathfarnham, victims of a busy and ill prepared home. Condemned to death and unwanted.
And so the cycle will continue.
Until Irish people start understanding WHY neutering and spaying is vital, our pounds will continue to overflow with vibrant healthy beautiful loyal dogs. Until people understand WHAT owning a dog entails we'll have more eegits brawling on the streets over barking and unsocial animals.
Will I be able to copy and paste this exact post next November or December? Probably.

Labels:

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do people voluntarily introduce a mass of hair, saliva and bad breath that will in turn piss all over your house, shit all over your house, vomit all over your house, shit all over your house, chew the furniture, bite the postman, shed all over your house, shit all over your house, chew the post, hump your leg, bark at the neighbours and shit all over your house,in between bouts of sniffing your crotch, licking its own rectum, then licking your face?
In the future, pet ownership will be proven to be a mass psychosis. By me.

10:22 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

They're rather good company, also dogs are hilarious and entertaining. My doberman was a delight, he was clean, highly intelligent and top security. Frankly he was worth more than most people.

10:58 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I note the was. Sounds like a top bloke for a dog.
Still, I prefer to do my own shedding and barking. I have no comment on the rest.

11:13 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Nothing, and I mean nothing, is more annoying than a loud or high pitched repetitive sound"

Daddy can I get a puppy, Daddy can I get a puppy, Daddy can I get a puppy, Daddy can I get a puppy...

11:17 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Was indeed, Green Ink. Poor old chap.
Sheepie, yes, I can see how that might get annoying pretty fast. But it still stands that our pounds are choca-block full with dogs that probably started out with that request.

11:26 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's about those small men who strut around with large dogs that can only be compensation for having small willies...

Patetic...!!!

11:56 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not disagreeing with ya FMC, it is a horrible situation - I just find it funny how one type of annoyance gets replaced by another.

12:29 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Dunno Beady, what type of large dog are we talking about here? labradors? Rotties? GSD? Bulldogs? Red setters? Lot of people like a certain type of dog, but not necessarily to be seen as hard- although that's not always the case either, I admit.

Sheepie, I get you. I regularly pull the 'can we huh huh?' on the paramour over french bulldogs. So far he has resisted. I believe the over abundance of cats are holding me back.

12:53 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What we need is some sort of dog- or house-swap program like the one I've got going. Until I pop this baby out, we get periodic visits to the House of Two Bulldogs. We get all the benefits and drawbacks pets packed into a few days, then get to come home where the only hair mess comes from Spouse trimming his beard. A few days is enough to fall in love with them, then remember that they're so gaaaaaaassy, and get tired of picking up their poo, and being stared at while I eat, and adhering to a schedule not of my own making.

I'm offering a pre-emptive "I know!" to the first person who mentions that all the latter sounds like what I'm in for with this baby.

1:29 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

There's no college fees with dogs Darling, not that I'm aware of.

1:47 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FMC - the image I had in mind included a doberman plus my brother in-law...

I thought better of making specific mention of the doberman having read your earlier comment...!!

My brother-in-law is an essential part of the image...

1:50 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Ah! heh. yes well, everyone know at LEAST one.

I am feeling remarkably lazy, on the one hand I feel I must go to the gym, on the other that would involve getting out of my PJs. Le sigh. Choices, choices.

2:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PJs? At 2 in the afternoon?

2:35 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Indeed, fleecy ones! With fleecy booties to match.

2:40 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

But I am going to the gym now, so don't feel toooo bad.

2:40 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

I wouldn`t trade Omar and Kima for anything. They are smart and sweet beyond belief. Mr. M just came back from a trip and I was lamenting that they`re not good as a security detail, that they`d be more likely to run away. He said to be patient because Jack was a chicken shit at this age and he turned out to be a remarkable guard dog. He`s right. I expect too much from them at 10 months.

We met this couple in the park with a pup they were socializing with our two. The woman said they chose the breed (I forget the name) because they are reportedly `couch potatoes.` I felt so sad then. You know that dog will never be exercised properly.

3:18 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Poor animal indeed, especially as though couch potato dogs are the VERY animals in need of regular exercising to keep them and their joints healthy.

5:30 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey fantastic website! Does running a blog similar to this require a massive amount work?

I have very little understanding of coding however I had been hoping to start my own blog in the near future.
Anyway, should you have any recommendations or techniques for new blog
owners please share. I know this is off topic however I
simply had to ask. Kudos!

Also visit my web page: Gafas De Sol Oakley

12:14 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

ugg uk
mont blanc pens
ugg boots
ralph lauren outlet
jordan femme
ugg outlet
hollister kids
ugg outlet
michael kors outlet
ugg canada
201612.8wengdongdong

2:27 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home