Saturday, August 23, 2008

Motivation for Fatcats and Possibly for Fatcat Chumlies.

You've got to see this.
I laughed so much I almost snorted coffee out of my nose.

Top of Satdee to you. And a fine day it is too. Not sunny but not rainy and my coffee tastes delicious after a good night's sleep. After breakfast I am going to head off to the park to run strides up and down the football pitch, and then I will wake the poor old paramour up and enquire smugly after his hangover- for he went out last night and I didn't. Yesterday I was mildly jealous, this morning not so much. Plus I got to watch Poirot and Elizabth and eat stinky cheese to my blissful heart's contentment, and tonight we will go and see Hellboy.
Huzzah!
My left arm is black and blue from kick boxing yesterday and although I draped it with a frozen packet of rashers last night it remains puffy.
Anyway, let's see how the week went.

I didn't run 30k on SUnday like I had planned, due to the fact that a few miles in my knee hurt slightly and it was down to my runners, which I should have replaced a couple of weeks ago, but being a fool I kept putting it off. So I called it a day after 20k rather than risk injury.

Monday-up at the crack of dawn, had a banana hit the gym.
warm up 1000m row, 4 mins 35. Slower than last time but as I was warming up I expected it to be so.
15k dumb bell swings 21x3.
Cable cross, 7.5k x 10 x 2, tried the 10k, squeezed out 8, but no more than that.
Finished off with an easy 5k on the t-mill, hams singing from Friday's KB class.

Tuesday- 10k new runners, springy!

Wednesday- No running, saving legs for thursday. Walked to gym, 1000m row, in 4:19, onto air squats. Annoyingly I'm still tilting forward when I squat. So I'm trying to use a light bar when I do front squats to counter balance this. Really annoying.
50 in all divided into sets of 10. 150 dips sets of 30 each time, 15k x 10x 2 one armed rows, 17.5x10 last two set. Onto push press- 30k x10 x2, last set was only 8, I wanted to do 10, but my arms, they just wouldn't.
Finished off with a good stretching session, tried a new Finn quoted core exercise which is basically putting both feet up into a Swiss ball and trying to do push ups without your feet rolling off. Hah! Yeah, right. There was spillage, plenty of spillage.

Thursday- 25k okay run actually, although I should have brought a third capri sun for the last stretch home. Should also have been been longer but I took a wrong turn over in Milltown and then couldn't be arsed running past my own home and putting in an extra 5 k. Once I'm near my home my carrier pigeon instinct is head for the gate.

Friday, lot of walking, carrying stuff and of course some intense kickboxing. Black and blue and happy.

Saturday- heading for the park after breakfast.


Sunday. Planning a 20k run up the coast.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great clip, almost as good as the Ringsend Uppercut. 1k in 4;20, my pulse went up when I read that.
Just in the gym twice this week.
Row 5k and 8k(40:10)
Hope to get 10k under 50 in a couple of weeks

1:32 p.m.  
Blogger Andraste said...

That video is MARVELOUS. Made my day.

Exercise wise: Same old, same old.

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - 30 minutes elliptical and various weights, lunges, blah, blah, blah, before going to work. But I'm back at work which means I'm back to walking almost 2 miles a day just between the parking lot and my office. Parking is so hard to come by where I work that the first parking spot that came up was a good 3/4 of a mile away - but I took it because for something closer I could have been waiting forEVER and I couldn't take the frigging buses anymore. There are weirdos on the 70 - it was a new adventure every day.

Today and tomorrow - much, much cardio, weights, leg stuff, and yard work.

So, yeah. That's that.

1:46 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

First I gave up smoking and ate too much and now it's going to be giving up booze to make me eat more. Luckily all the dog walking should keep me from bloating the fuck out.

1:51 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Nicely done Stipes! Rowing is very bloody tiring but I find it really sets my heart racing. I aiming to get the 1k under the 4 by hook or by crook.
Andraste, it was wasn't it? Every time I watch him cartwheel into that punch I laugh out loud.

Medbh, no hooch too? God good gal, you're a glutton for punishment.

4:16 p.m.  
Blogger Pat said...

Will you be ready for 2012? I might come and watch.
Enjoyed the video. After I gave T my Grandma 'Talk of the dangers at University' he said he was going to stat a fight club. Is that what he meant?

4:21 p.m.  
Blogger Pat said...

Stat is start. Obviously.

4:22 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

As you said, FMC, start it on a monday, never a friday.
Blee.

5:20 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Oh fuck no, never start anything on a Friday, Monday is the ONLY day to start anything.

Pat, lots of young folk think fight clubs-indeed fights- are cool, right up until the first time somebody bops them one on the nose, then most folk reconsider. Fear not!
Also no to 2012, my legs today are smoosh and even though I know I will be running tomorrow, every time I think of it little grunts of pain escape me unbidden.

5:39 p.m.  
Blogger James McInerney said...

Exercise: Three football matches this week and I still feel pretty good. might even go for a run today to get ready for footie in the coming week.

Also did one other exercise thing, but I won't say what it was.

Would like to hear what you have to say about Hellboy. Didn't like it at all and I liked the first one very much.

2:52 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Ha, I bet I can guess what the other exercise was.
Hellyboy, ridiculous nonsense, but I wasn't expecting a masterpiece. Thought they'd made old red to domestic and I didn't like the new Abe, and apart from the Angel of Death I was disappointed in the bad guys, especially the Elemental. I kept thinking 'it's the little shop of horrors and Ghostbusters' stay puffed marshmallow man's bastard off spring.'
But there were funny parts- the drunken signing- and I had jellies so all in all it wasn't nearly as painful as sitting through Pathology.

6:01 p.m.  
Blogger James McInerney said...

Yep yep - didn't like the whole "more computer graphics means its a better film" thing. Also, the whole green message was a bit lame. I thought it was simply because the producer/director was also the writer, which rarely works (c.f. George Lucas). What happened was that he wrote on his whiteboard a bunch of buzzwords, ergo:

1. Green sandally stuff.
2. Computer stuff.
3. Red bloke with cut off horns
4. Mushy bit (for the girls).
5. Violent bit (for the blokes).
6. Eh.
7. Fingers crossed.

Never going to be as good as a carefully written film with a story, is it?

11:36 p.m.  
Blogger Manuel said...

awesome.......video and your work ethic......

12:24 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Cheers Manuel, it was a terrific clock stopper of a punch wasn't it? Oh I don't think I will ever tire of watching it.

Docky, yeah green schmeen, more violence and fighting please, less sermons.

8:23 a.m.  
Blogger aquaasho said...

Hey FMC
I've been training like crazy and have missed your Saturday club lots. Hope all is good with everyone round here!!
Catch up soon... :-)

9:30 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home