Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Psychic Vultures are Circling.

From yesterday's Herald.

"An Englishman who describes himself as a psychic investigator has claimed that clues to finding missing Amy Fitzpatrick are to be found in an area of land in Spain.

Joe Power told Spanish police they should search a fenced-off area in the Costa del Sol for clues after he travelled to Spain in cooperation with one of the missing teenager's aunts.

Dubliner Amy Fitzpatrick disappeared on the night of January 1, while walking to her mother's Spanish home in Calahonda, near Fuengirola.

Mr Power, who twice travelled to Spain after he was in contact with Amy's aunt Christine Kenny in Dublin, told police that he had found an area in the region that police should search.

No clues to Amy's disappearance have yet been found and some of her relatives have been desperate for any possible help from anyone. Ms Kenny has also been in contact with Irishwoman Maura Martin who has also made claims that she has special abilities to help locate the missing girl.

Mr Power has stated he gives much of his time seeking the whereabouts of missing persons and murder victims in the UK.

He claimed to have come up with clues during the search for missing English child Shannon Matthews.

He now claims that clues to Amy's disappearance can be found in an area which is about 12 kilometres from where Amy went missing.

The area is at the back of a Costa Del Sol hospital heading onto farm land in Los Altos.

The following 'clues' are to be found in this area, he has claimed:

l Scrap cars which may lead to the white car which has also been missing since Amy disappeared.

l The missing car was in this area on the night Amy went missing, he says.

l A rusty diesel metal tank is in the area which could be a clue.

l A yellow house above a ravine in the area has appeared in an 'image' which Power claims could be a clue.

Meanwhile, Christine Kenny continues to campaign for the introduction of a European Alert System for missing children, similar to the Amber Alert System which operates in the US when a child is abducted. Her campaign has so far resulted in more than 11,000 signatures on an online and paper petition."

Oh and this 'psychic' also knew where Madeleine McCann was taken after her abduction too, but curiously can't quite locate where she might be now. He is also the man who got a 'hot tip from the grave' from murdered Sally Anne Bowmen, where she said she was killed by 'a Stephan or Stephen White, aged between 24 and 26, who worked as a delivery driver.'
Unfortunately for him his 'hot tip' was way off and police arrested 36 year old chef Mark Dixie.

I feel for Amy's family, but these preening vultures preying on their vulnerability make me sick to my stomach.

Joe Power, I am against you.

Labels:

26 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck that reminds me I meant to post at the time, but Newstalk are a bunch of hypocritical cunts. They spent an entire morning slagging off Jim Corr for his Sept 11th theories and then Sean Moncrieff interviewed a woman who talks to angels without a hint of challenge and treated it as fact.

3:35 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

That crazy 'angel in my hair' woman? I heard a bit of it in the car, but I had to turn it off in case I got so mad I crashed.
Green, I once heard Brenda POwer -a supposedly intelligent woman- suggest to her listeners that they let a pet psychic give them a reading of their pets OVER THE AIR WAVEES. All they had to do was hold a photo of their animals and the huckster could 'read the animal' but oh yeah, the photo had to have a clear image of the animals eyes, important don't you know.

3:43 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh you're such a sceptic. I'm sure no money changes hands for it would tarnish Mr Power's gift.

There are mountebanks everywhere but also unknowable things.

4:10 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Sceptic? Moi??


I will eat a plate of cabbage if 'ol Joe is genuine.

4:16 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah and she was exhausted from all her preying, I mean praying. I think I heard the Brenda Power bit as well. As I like to say about psychics, if they were so fucking good they wouldn't be working as psychics because they'd have won the fucking Lotto.
Snake oil enemas for the lot of them.

4:44 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wait.... wait.... I'm getting something.... yes.... it's, yes I see a squidgey little puppy with wery big earsies.... and I'm getting a sound, the sound of nom nom noms on ickle wickle puppums tumtums....

6:03 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Eeeeee, I hope so!

6:05 p.m.  
Blogger John Mc said...

Fuck, I wonder could he find my lost ipod...

6:24 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Hummm, my indian spirit guide Multicoloured FeatherFang tells me it is in your old gym bag! Cross my palm with silver immediately.

7:28 p.m.  
Blogger John Mc said...

You fraud! It wasn't in my gym bag!

nah I left it on a plane. Teh same trip where I left my favorite black v neck jumper in the airport, and lost a silver (expensive) bracelet that I've had for years. I was on a roll.

8:24 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah John, 'twas the sign of THREE! You must beware the sign of THREE!

8:44 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

FeatherFang is NEVER wrong, it's in somebody else's gym bag. I just misheard him across the vast spiritual plain. Hah! plain, see, like plane.

However bad sodding luck on losing things, I hate that too.

Conan, Mulitcoloured Featherfang wants me to tell you Holland are probably going to win. No really, he cares about things like that deeply.

Sigh, only half an hour left in the working day. Huzzah.

8:49 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is your Mulitcoloured Featherfang related to Monochrome Featherfang of the Sligo Featherfangs? Just wondering, he gave me a good tip on the Grand National last year.

Have you had today's puppy chat yet? The ether tells me it will go well.

9:25 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Leitrim/montana branch.

Haven't had a chance to add pup talk yet. I'll print off a picture and stick it to his shaving mirror. Maybe with 'Nice to see Woo' typed underneath for added pup pressure.

Right, going to pour a glass of red and leave my desk for a while. Ta-ra.

9:33 p.m.  
Blogger laughykate said...

So he reckons he can find this woman but chokes on Madeleine McCann.............?? Hmmm methinks Jo Power just wanted himself a holiday in Spain.

10:14 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

If you think about it you could charge these whackos with derailing investigations and wasting limited resources on their visions of where all these abducted children are located.
Criminals, the lot of them.

10:25 p.m.  
Blogger Twenty Major said...

So he reckons he can find this woman but chokes on Madeleine McCann.......

The bones would have been quite tiny, in fairness.

10:45 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

LK, Medbh, they ought to be put in stocks, whipped and THEN blunderbussed with rock salt.

Twenty, that was rank. It's a good job I know underneath your exterior of H. Sternism you're nowt but pure marshmallow.

11:49 p.m.  
Blogger laughykate said...

Hey FMC, re wanting a dog. This may have already been suggested as I haven't read the comments, but why don't you start out saying you want a pony....and then your compromise is a puppy.Easy.

12:42 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Hah, not sure that one would fly LK, I'm sure the paraamour would figure at least with a pony it wouldn't stay here.

9:22 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, if he found Philip Cairns, I'd be impressed.

11:41 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Or any of the other poor people missing. But oh no, the great Joe only get vibes fro he high media cases. Imagine!

12:34 p.m.  
Blogger Janice Berry said...

Car removal gold coast offers professional removal services all across Gold Coast. We have a large fleet of tow trucks and trained drivers available for that workaround.
car removal gold coast

5:37 a.m.  
Blogger Charlie Lix said...

We are your Tow Truck and Car Wreckers in Canberra that: Remove your vehicle for free AND pay you cash for your truck. Scrap, Used, Accident.
truck wreckers Canberra

7:52 a.m.  
Blogger Ad Cash 4 Cars said...

HS Car Removals is a car removal company in Adelaide that offers you cash for the car. You can bring your old, unwanted and damaged car to us and get.
adelaide car removal

11:16 a.m.  
Blogger Meta Liz said...

Pro Scrap Car Removal Vancouver is one of the best junk car removers. We cash for your scrap car and recycle it for you.
scrap car removal

2:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home