Monday, October 08, 2007

Motivation for fatcats.

Suffering from pints, I dragged my guilty arse to the gym to perform a beery exorcism.

Pull-ups on the grav- 10x 8 grips split. Dropped the weight a further 5k, now bouncing at 30k.

Push jerks- 22k 10x4 easy-definitely going to increase it to 25 k next week.

Lats- 35k 8x4

Shoulders on that stupid machine I can never remember the name of. You stand there like a plonker, dead centre in the shape of a cross and bring your hand to the front of your chest, while keeping your arms straight. I hate this thing, but it works my shoulders great, anyway 3 sets of 10x 5k each arm. Plonker factor high or not.

Biceps- curls, 10k x 8x3. Bit wobbly on last three reps. Still not quite fully used to the heavier weight, especially the left arm. Plus all the sodding pull ups wears me out. But I'm obsessed with that thing.

60 filthy carpet sweepers with 4k bar. Did I mention we hates them?

6000m row, time 30:41.

I was almost creamed by a wench driving the wrong way in the gym carpark. It is a measure of how small my world has become that my first and only thought was how mad I'd be if I'd had to miss the marathon due to injury or death.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger FINN said...

speaking of which i suggest you make plans now to combat the inevitable post-event letdown. isnt BCN lovely in november? i'm trusting that the virgin islands will be.

5:51 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I've got a weekend in London booked for the very next weekend after the race.
Sheet, I just won't know what to bloody do with myself.

6:39 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

You have the eye of the tiger, FMC. That's how you win marathons.
Determination and drive will serve you well.

8:42 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

It will drive me bloody nuts, that's what it will do.

9:09 p.m.  
Blogger aquaasho said...

At this stage every time you think of the marathon you're probably getting nervous. I know I was crapping myself!! But it really will be something you remember for the rest of your life, and any pain is like a badge of honour afterwards! Your weekend away is a great idea, Finn is so right about the come-down afterwards (it's very similar to having a baby!)

9:10 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your blog makes me realise hoe unfit and lazy I am. I play soccer a number of times a week but god I am so lazy reading all that. :-(

10:32 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Eeeek! For the love of God woman.

10:32 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Hello there, you shouldn't feel lazy at all. The parmour plays soccer a few times a week, tiring stuff really, but in different ways.

10:34 a.m.  
Blogger Pat said...

I have to watch violent exercise; I got so carried away at aerobics I broke my first leg. Is there an easy non boring way of reducing a light tummy bulge (I'm describing it with a certain amount of sympathy and understanding.)

11:00 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Don't eat any bread, rice, pasta or drink any beer seem to be the path to a bulge free belly, but who the hell wants to live like that? A broken leg? That was some work out darling Pat.

11:31 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home