Thursday, September 20, 2007

Beer.



This week's ale -of which I am sipping right this very second since everyone else seems to be hitting the hooch midweek and after all Thursday is close enough to the weekend for an ale and even if it is not who is going to stop me... where was I?
Ah yes, this weeks ale is Theakston- Old Peculier. I bought it in Superquinn with 2 euros and something of my fine cents. Not cheap but there you go.
It's a strange one, headless, flat, a curious taste. Hoppsy but autumnally fruity. It's an old fashioned beverage, a deep red in colour and I'd feel right at home supping it by a fire in an old lighthouse bar looking out over a moonlight sea, me collie half asleep under me stool me thick socks pulled out over top o me boots. Perhaps I might have a pipe hooked in the corner of my mouth, unlit, but packed with Condor tobacco.
For the novice ale drinker I'd imagine it's rather heavy and a bit dull, but I rather enjoy its nostalgic mellow twang and I would recommend it for sipping while reading the pigeon racing results, or as I am about to do, watching Dr. House be mean to folk.
I believe I might have another too, while I"m at it.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Megan McGurk said...

I need the carbonation in a beer or my stomach can't process the burps needed.
It does sound like quite the autumnal brew, however.

10:30 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

It is a little hiccupy, I'll give you that. But it is not really a brew you'd drink for a night. More a laid back sort of beverage, to be taken slowly, with consideration.
Why am I still here and not watching crap on telly like I planned. Oh that's right, I'm self employed.
Yay, or not as the case might be. Not a snark at you darling Medbh, I just realised I've been at my desk-apart from my run and some food breaks- almost 14 hours today. I might just retire and watch CSI.
G'night toots.

11:07 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

You workaholic, FMC.
Enjoy the toob. I'm going to watch some old school Martial Arts tonight. Chop-socky goodness.

12:43 a.m.  
Blogger Manuel said...

Have you tried Belfast ale? It's nice if you like that sort of thing, all a bit hairy for me.....

1:43 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Hairy? I am intrigued.

8:33 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

14 hours, are you mad, woman? It's very bad for the pert, if you follow me.

9:14 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Damn straight it is. Thank pert for the gym.
I suppose it goes like this, if I hadn't enough work I"d be complaining, and when I'm up to my eyeballs I'm complaining too. I should really stop that.

9:31 a.m.  
Blogger Student said...

Ahhhh a decent beer and peace to enjoy it. I love to comandeer a nice corner of an old fashioned pub with a book and a pint.

While I am here theme pubs should be destroyed as an insult to our lord beer.

1:57 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I agree! Soul less dives, We hates them precious, oh yes we do.

4:13 p.m.  
Blogger قمم التميز said...

شركة عزل خزانات بالخبر
شركة شفط بيارات بالخبر
شركة تنظيف بيارات بالخبر

2:21 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home