Thursday, May 17, 2007

Food.

Hungover like a goat and very very hungry I shall bring you a review of sorts, and then I'm going off to eat my own body weight in buttery toast.
Yesterday was my good friend's birthday and, as these things are wont to do, lunch was an extended food and drinkathon. Certainly I know that I started off with good intentions, but good intentions are like rubix cubes, I can't make heads nor tails of them and eventually I just give up and toss them down the back of the sofa.
Anywoo, The Lobster Pot, a small well known restaurant in Ballsbridge, is a cracking good place to have lunch. Pricey, but very good. The food is so fresh it's practically wiggling and smirking at you on the trolley they bring around to show you whats on offer.
I had scallops and Dublin Bay prawns, pan seared in garlic and lemon to start, my friend has the Lobster Pot CHowder and it was bloomin' excellent and packed full of fishy/seafood godness. We split a plate of chicken liver pate between us, not great it has to be said, but then we are completely enthralled to the liver pate in Fallon and Byrnes on Exchequer Street. Go there if you like pate so light and mousy and nutty and...mmmm, it's really very good.
For our mains I had grilled monkfish, she had steak tartare. My monkfish was rich and plentiful if a little over soaked in garlic. Her tartare was sublime.
We had a delicious fruity meringue/cheesecake thingiemebob fro dessert and a Baileys each.
During the course of our meal some wine was drank. After our meal some cocktails were drank, before our meal a martini was consumed.
Naturally that resulted in my coming home, waffling like a rabid loon at the paramour, 'very garlicky' I'm said to have said more than once before going for a four hour lie down-which resulted in my waking up at half nine thinking it was half nine today, and then being very confused to discover it wasn't.
Fortunately watching Terminator 3, Rise of the Machines scuppered my awakeness and but for a hankering for beans on toast, all was well with the world and I drifted back to an unencumbered coma at about two this morning.
Huzzah! A good birthday all round then, and she loved the rather Jewellery box.
The Lobster Pot, rather good choice for those special occassions. I recommend it.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good party,
delicious food
;D

11:12 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious. Sorry to say I never tried that restaurant while living in Dublin.
However, interestingly enough, when it comes to booze, I have discovered they have it here in Scotland too?
Yes, I "sampled" a bucket or two of something last night.
I am now so hungover I am trying to remember my own name, but apparently I can still type, and I have a deadline at 4 p.m. so I better put my fingers to work.
Christ.
About the topic of working from home the other day, I can only agree....it's Hard Work.

11:37 a.m.  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

There were never two words so perfectly matched as buttered and toast. Slobber.

5:59 p.m.  
Blogger Manuel said...

No mention of the waiter eh. Just little people, to be summonsed and shoo'd away as needed. I cry often you know..

1:57 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

He was a delightment of understated elegance.

8:16 a.m.  
Blogger mmjiaxin said...

yeezy boost
cheap basketball shoes
nike roshe run
timberland outlet
fitflops sale clearance
fitflop shoes
skechers outlet
roshe shoes
adidas superstar shoes
kobe shoes
gg

4:34 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home