Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Pappa was a rolling stone.


ROLLING STONES guitarist Keith Richards made this bizarre admission to a music magazine. He said: “The strangest thing I’ve tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father.”
He said: “He was cremated and I couldn’t resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn’t have cared, he didn’t give a shit. It went down pretty well and I’m still alive.”

I'm not a big fan of the Rolling Stones, although I have been told I am going to see them in concert at Slane Castle for some reason, but I do admire Keith Richards and his inhuman ability to keep breathing. He's an example to us all that sometimes more is good.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's like a cat with nine lives. Although he's probably used about twenty of them already.
This was bizarre even for him though, I thought.
Will anybody believe it the day he finally dies?
I still smile at his palm tree "experience" a few years back...

Oh and how did yesterday go?

11:13 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I don't know. I really don't. I'm still trying to process it all. Lots of talking about ideas and stuff, but no definite answers, yet. That's about all I can say on the subject. That and I'm not good with waiting.

11:27 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to the Flaming Lips concert a few years ago, which everyone thought would be the Stones last tour as they were all so decrepit -I think that was two tours ago and they are still performing - Keith Richards is like a walking cadaver-I expected him to drop dead on stage. The "real thing" must have preservative qualities. And Jagger is still leaping about on stage like a demented frog. I want some of what they're having!

11:27 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I think Keith is probably like Mr Burns in the Simpsons, he's go so much wrong with him that it's perfectly and finely balanced.

12:54 p.m.  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Rumour has it that he's only 34

1:09 p.m.  
Blogger Kav said...

Ugh, Freddy Krueger wants his skin back.

1:10 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

If you put your hand on his face it would be like trying to read braille.

1:21 p.m.  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

The only price he had to pay, looks like, was to give some of himself p to become half man, half leather sofa and the ability to know whether he really needs that extra hat.

2:47 p.m.  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Hoping all went as you wanted t'other day, sweetie-pie.

9:06 a.m.  
Blogger Flirty Something said...

Who else could say this in rock world and you think - actually that might be true.

9:07 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home