Friday, October 20, 2006

Tired? moi? Sure.

Sorry, late, exhausted, filthy mud splattered and THANK GOD IT"S FRIDAY!
Remember when I made Country and French Gay help with the 'garden?' Well I've been called up. Come in Fatmammy cat your number's up.
A 'you scratch my back I'll rake my nails down yours sorta moment has transpired'.
I've been minding Country Gay's spaniel/collie cross since yesterday. It's not so bad, I don't have to do anything except go down to CG"s gaff, take said dog out, feed him, put him back in his run, repeat until Sunday. I can't have him here because he would kill the cats.
I rather like this dog, he is silly and charming, a beta dog, but oh so energetic. He's clever too, I've taught him to heel in under an hour, no more pulling my arm off or criss crossing in front of me when we walk, bugger that. He's very willing to please and eager to elarn and he responds well to a high pitched 'GOOD BOY!"
He never grows tired-as far as I can see. Yesterday I took him for 2 laps of Bushy park, by the time we had made our way back to the rental car his tail had dipped slightly and his tongue lolled a bit, that was the only way I knew he wasn't as sprightly as when we started. Then I threw a tennis ball on the rugy pitch until I almost dislocated my bloody shoulder. Frankly I could still be lapping the park and throwing the ball and he wouldn't be any the worse for wear.
Today I upped the ante, I brought him to Phoenix park, the biggest enclosed part in all of Europe. We walked from Castleknock gate to the gallops, around them to Pope's cross, back through the copse and back to Castleknock. It's a long way by anyone's standards. The spaniel chased some squirrels, a magpie, was chased by some dear and did approx eight K for ever one that I did in between running ahead of me and then circling back to see why I wasn't keeping up. He has been in every puddle/stream/lake/River Dodder he comes across and is impervious to cold. He likes to shake his coat on me and roll in the back of the rental car as I drive him back to CG'S house.
I have met all manner of weirdos over the last few days, other folk with dogs who insist on chatting as CG's dogs prances about them. I knew their names, where they live, how many kids/grandkids/kidneys they have and dogs they have ever owned. I know a lot of their illnesses. If I was a serial killer I'd be taking notes. Who knew dog owning was a secret society?
Tomorrow I plan to take the mutt to Dollymount Strand for a combination of sea and sand, if galloping up and down the dunes and splashing through the waves that doesn't tire the bugger out I don't know what will.
He seems very happy about all this trecking about and I hope he gives CG lots of gip when he comes back.
I on the other hand need a drink and am the very wreak of the Hespa.

7 Comments:

Blogger FINN said...

Who knew dog owning was a secret society?

shhhhhhhhhh.

have a fine weekend msmammycat.

4:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God, I'm tired just READING about your adventures with the mutt! Gimme a lazy, aloof, self-centered cat any day.....

5:04 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

You too Miss Finn!
Exactly Bonnie, even though Puddy cost me another 72 Euros and 24 cent today for ear medication I stil thought to myself, look how quiet and lazy they are. They are happy to be fed, get a few rubs and then sleep for eight hours at a time.
I hope French Bulldogs get tired. I couldn't do that amount of dog walking everyday.

5:20 p.m.  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

I miss dogs.

5:39 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Blogger! Oi! Noaaawwww.

5:45 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

They do have a certain charm and that is for sure.

5:47 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I think I could hitch a little cart to this guy and he'd still go trundling along.
It's the breed of course, collies are champion work dogs and springers have boundless energy, overlap the two and you get a dog that's good to go all day.

9:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home